The MERIT project supports responsible resource management aimed at sustainable economic and social development in order to improve the livelihoods of communities in Mongolia.
Technical Advisors (TAs) and the MERIT team in Mongolia combine the skills and knowledge to provide strategic support through volunteer assignments to effectively implement best practices, tools and systems adapted to local needs.
The project is implemented through a partnership between two Canadian non-profit organizations: CESO (Canadian Executive Service Organization) and WUSC (World University Service of Canada). MERIT is a seven-year project (2016-2023) funded by Global Affairs Canada.
• Strengthening the capacity of public institutions working in natural resource management
• Strong collaboration between public institutions, civil society organizations and local communities involved in resource sector
• Supporting communities to participate in and benefit from local development
• Mainstreaming and promoting gender equality in the resource sector
• Strengthening institutions and developing a knowledge portal to ensure sustainability
With over 50 years of experience of working in Canada and around the world, CESO’s Volunteer Advisors share their senior-level professional experience to support clients and partners in creating sustainable economic and social change. For more information visit www.ceso-saco.com
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization dedicated to improving education, employment, and empowerment opportunities for youth around the world.
For more information visit www.wusc.ca