A message of hope from Wendy Harris, CEO & President
As COVID-19 continues its spread, I hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and taking the necessary precautions to maintain your health and well-being.
Together, we will persevere in our work towards stronger economies and better lives in a way that ensures our continued health and safety. We know it’s a challenging time full of unknowns for everyone and changes will require adjustments on everyone’s part.
CESO is a people-centered organization that is built on meaningful connections; we believe these principles will help us pull through this together. Hopefully, we can emerge from this crisis with renewed appreciation of each other, and with stronger focus on creating a more inclusive and sustainable world. In the meantime, please stay safe, and stay (virtually) connected.
Wendy Harris, CEO and President
CESO is leveraging its virtual assignment expertise to continue delivering valuable economic development support in Canada and around the world.
With an internet connection and the proper tools, CESO Advisors can facilitate a transfer of knowledge and contribute their knowledge and skills to empower partners to meet their goals.
- We’ve closed our offices in Toronto and Montreal and implemented a work from home policy. Staff are staying virtually connected and are equipped to continue working on programming.
- We’ve paused all international travel and travel within Canada.
Maintaining Support to the Most Vulnerable
Help the Helpers
CESO is one of over 150 Canadian charities that have joined together to sign a letter to the Government of Canada requesting an emergency $10 billion stabilization fund in support of the charitable sector and its vital programs that have been made vulnerable by the COVID-19 crisis.
During a press conference on March 29, 2020, the Prime Minister acknowledged the advocacy of the charitable sector and announced targeted next steps to provide further support to members of the coalition.
Supporting International Efforts
Alongside the Canadian Council for International Co-operation (CCIC), CESO has signed its support to an open letter addressed to the Minister of International Development calling for international cooperation to be a part of Canada’s COVID-19 response.
Research and Reports
CESO conducted research alongside global partners about the evolving socioeconomic impact of COVID-19 on our partner countries. Explore our reports below.
- General Summary
- Socioeconomic Impacts of COVID-19: West Africa
- Socioeconomic Impacts of COVID-19: East Africa
- Socioeconomic Impacts of COVID-19: Latin America and the Caribbean
- Socioeconomic Impacts of COVID-19: Asia
Latest News and Updates on COVID-19
- COVID-19 in Canada: Outbreak Updates, Symptoms, Prevention, Travel Advice and Preparedness
- COVID-19 Situational Awareness Dashboard
- The epidemic curve
- Public Health Ontario
- COVID-19 In Québec
News and Media
- CBC: COVID-19 – What You Need to Know Live Updates
- Government of Canada: COVID-19 News and Media Centre
Resources: At Home
- Tips for Working Remotely
- Leadership webinars
- Resources on leading virtual meetings
- Mental health and the COVID-19 pandemic
- Taking care of your mental health
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Know the facts about coronavirus disease
- Going out safely during COVID-19
- Vulnerable populations and COVID-19
- Advice for caregivers
- How to self-isolate from home when you may have been exposed and have no symptoms
- Physical distancing: Actions for reducing the spread of COVID-19
- Video: Physical Distancing Works